Sunday, 14 June 2015

Tomorrowland Brings Old Memories

After finishing Tomorrowland, the words "Brad Bird" flashed across the screen indicating him as the Director. I thought the name looked familiar and immediately googled him. I smiled when I read that he directed The Incredibles and Ratatouille - two of my favourite animations.

SPOILER ALERT!

The movie has a clique storyline about sci-fi, Armageddon and a lovelorn relationship - the movie hero always save the world. However, I LOVED it's panned cinematography, simple colour palette, realistic futuristic architecture, retro avant garde costumes design and most importantly, the talented young actresses!

Of course, it helps that I just visited Disneyland and the movie brought back good memories of the USA trip in a distant setting. :)

No comments: