Wednesday, 19 November 2014

What's Going On?

Even I feel that this blog is getting picture-heavy and less text-heavy. Okay, going to put in more effort!

I have VERY high expectations for myself for this quarter with regards to work. I'm supporting new hiring managers, new teams, new requisitions, and have a new manager myself. I set the bar super high so that I can reward myself rightfully with a good rest at the end of the year.

There is so much going on at work these seven weeks that I come home to get a few hours of sleep before heading to the office again. There are times when I tell myself it's not worth so much time and effort and there is nothing to prove to anyone. Then again, it's really myself that I want to prove myself to.

I am pushing myself to change bad situation at work around and I think my efforts are paying off. I got a lovely thank-you email from a tough hiring manager and it brought such a big smile to my face. There is still a lot to do and I want to present myself an outstanding report card to end 2014 on a bang!

Despite pulling daily 12-16 hour shifts, I'm delights to say that I have forgotten all about having fun. I still work on getting my exercise on the dance floor on a bi-weekly basis. One night of fun is something I allow myself to indulge in. And god knows I need that exercise for all the McDonald's and Coke I am already spoiling myself with.

So without spilling too much about work (and thereby not getting into trouble with the PR and Legal teams), I have said too much about work. ;)

No comments: