Friday, 6 June 2014

Tsukado Nojo Bijin Nabe Dinner

A few colleagues and I went for dinner at Tsukado Nojo for its famous collagen hot pot dinner aka Tsukado Nojo Bijin Nabe (塚田農場 美人鍋) @ Chinatown Point. I haven't even heard about this famous hot pot meal till three weeks ago when my colleague came back from lunch to say she has placed a reservation for 6 of us. I had thought they just wanted to get out of the office to have a nicer lunch (well, nicer than our already very nice office lunch).

When I told Joey a few days ago that I'm going to Tsukado Nojo for dinner and she exclaimed, "Wow! How did you get a reservation?" after telling me that it's usually an hour long wait. I was honestly taken aback and it definitely piqued my attention to the upcoming dinner.

When we arrived at the restaurant, there was no queue and I was suspicious of this long queue I have been informed of. When the collagen pot was served, I didn't know what to make of the pale yellow gelatin-like substance that's piled up in the center. When the gelatin melted slowly to become the soup base, I eagerly await to sink my teeth into the ingredients that was delicately arranged on the pot by the waitress.

Within 30-minutes into the dinner, I saw a snaking queue outside and I was convinced about the insane crowd at this place. This place is so crowded that every table is allowed 45 min dining time and as soon as the 40-min mark is nearing, the waitress comes around to "gently" remind you about the end of this quite wonderful experience. We didn't even have time for desserts!

Oh, and the collagen? I can feel its effects already! ;)

No comments: