Sunday, 8 April 2012

I've Been Placed Under House Arrest

Another visit to the hospital, another trip to the OR, another procedure under the knife, another overnight stay at Thomson Medical Center and I have been placed under house arrest. Doctor's order was "I do not want you to walk too much or perform any strenuous tasks. I would advise you not to leave the house for a week. I have given you something to prevent bleeding. If the bleeding starts though, it's difficult to know when it will stop or how much it will be. Best to just lie in bed and rest at least one week. Even better if you can rest at home for three weeks so you can heal faster."

I didn't lie when I said I have been placed under house arrest. No pun intended.

PS: This time round, doc gave me an injection that knocked me out in less than 10 seconds, which explained why I am not able to describe the gruesome procedure in detail to you, unlike previously. I faintly recalled being woken up after the procedure, and having the sense to ask to see what the doctor had removed from me - a piece of flesh that was about the size of one joint on my pinky and its dark colouration didn't looked too pleasing. The doc confirmed this ridiculous act of mine when she was on her round a couple of hours after. I guess I should be happy that I still possessed my warped sense of humour in my drugged state. ;)

No comments: