Monday, 28 September 2009

Not Just Some Party


When I have to bring Jessica out to celebrate her birthday, I can't bring her to just some party. So I pull out all stops and brought her to THE party - Amber Lounge specially created for F1.

We arrived in style (needless to say, really) and not long after we stepped into the lounge, we were invited to a table by some investment bankers. What is it with me and bumping into these huge egos everywhere? Well, if I get to rest my feet, I am sure not going to reject the invitation.

The boss who paid 10k (the big ego just can't resist letting this piece of oh-so-boring info slip) for the table was trying to charm Jess to no avail. 
"Help me!" she whispered loudly into my ear.
"We're going to the ladies" I told the boss as I took Jess' hand and lead her out of harm's way. Talk about saving a damsel in distress! 

The Moet flow freely through the night and I meant that literally. For that kind of money, I'm surprised Moet wasn't used for flushing the WC.

What a fabulous end to Jess' birthday celebrations and fabulous F1 weekend. She's happy, I'm happy.

You wished you were there.


PS: Cheers to Alexis for tix and Weihao for the crazy-taxi-like ride. And to Vernon, beat that. ;)

3 comments:

JeSs|cA KaYla said...

was it THAT loud? i tot i whispered only loud enough for u to hear..haha

hey, this is the evidence tt YOU pissed him off.. when u wanted to go toilet.. whahahaha

Another piece of boring info he did not fail to drill into me : I own this table.


U also forgot to mention how gutsy (n thick- skinned) we were to return to the table even after we pissed him off.. haha

Penguin Lover said...

Don't even try to turn the table on me. Haha.

I'd say gutsy. He owns the table but we own the party! ;)

Penguin Lover said...

Don't even try to turn the table on me. No pun intended.

Haha. I'd say gutsy. He owns the table but we own the party! ;)