Wednesday, 31 January 2007

The Cookie Is Always Right

I'm sure most of you know what a fortune cookie is, no? If you have watched enough tv (like I do), you would. Anyway, all ang mohs assume all Chinese know. If you're Chinese and you don't, it will make no sense to ang mohs. Why? Ang mohs are served a fortune cookie each after a meal at the Chinese restuarants in USA and thus, they simply assumed all Chinese have a cookie after each meal.

Anway, this is not about ang mohs, Chinese or USA. This is about my very first fortune cookie.

I received it after my first meal in the States. I was so excited and decided against devouring the cookie there and then. Also, I certainly don't want to read a lousy fortune at the very beginning of my trip. So into my luggage the cookie goes. And forgotten the cookie is. That is until I'm back to my sunny island home.

Upon opening my luggage bag, I saw that the cookie had been crushed into many pieces and a piece of paper curiously peeked through. On it wrote: "You are headed in the right direction. Trust your instincts". Now, how cool is that! The cookie is telling me that I'm headed the right way, the right way being great ol' America.

The cookie is right. The cookie is always right.

No comments: