Monday, 1 January 2007

Anything For Christina

Yes, I admit it. I was one of those crazy people who stood in the freezing zero degrees coldness at Times Square for eight straight hours for the New Year countdown. No meals, no drinks, no toilet breaks, no nothing. Thighs were aching, feet were in pain, fingers were numb and brain was threatening to shut down as each hour went past. It was very well worth it though.

That's because...

I SAW CHRISTINA AGUILERA PERFORM LIVE!!!

Yes, Christina Aguilera!!!

She was just less than 20 metres away from me. Maybe you haven't heard, Christina is my favourite singer. It was a very very pleasant surprise because I had no idea she would be performing. It's more than a dream come true. I was contemplating overstaying illegally in USA so that I can attend her concert in February but I don't have to risk a record now. There is a Santa after all. :)

Oh, did I mention I was on national television (ABC)? They were filming us for a good 30 seconds. We were at the front row and had plenty of screen time on the LCD displays of Times Square as well.

But what's that compared to watching Christina performed?

I never thought I could love New York more. But I have.

No comments: