Sunday, 30 April 2006

April 2006

(Original blog can be found at http://wynnii.blogs.friendster.com/)

Saturday, 29 April 2006
Muscles, Qiaojing?
Supposed to be swimming at 6pm with Qiaojing today. However, I received a message early this morning at 9.15am.

"Wynnii, my so-called muscles are aching. I can't swim today. I'll see you tomorrow evening for blading okay? Sweet dreams".

First and foremost, it's TOO early to text me at this hour! I don't entertain any phone calls or text messages before 12pm. Hm... must be your strategy to tell me this when I'm still REM-ing so I cannot object.

Secondly, whoever heard of aching muscles even before one starts exercising? Must be reaction formation at work, my dear.
Don't tell me you don't love me no more!? Is that why you don't wanna see your obsessee? (Obsessee is another story for another time, ppl.)

Thirdly, they're actually non-existent muscles, Qiaojing.



Friday, 28 April 2006
Whoever Doesn't Sin?
We are afterall but human.
Shoes are just but one of my many undoings.



Friday, 28 April 2006

Polish Remover
Jaslin sent me this joke.

A Polish man moved to the USA and married an American girl. Although his English was far from perfect, they got along very well until one day he rushed into a lawyer's office and asked him if he could arrange a divorce for him "very quick."
The lawyer said that the speed for getting a divorce would depend on the circumstances, and asked him the following questions.

LAWYER: "Have you any grounds?"
POLE: "JA, JA, acre and half and nice little home."
LAWYER: "No," I mean what is the foundation of this case?"
POLE: "It made of concrete."
LAWYER: "Does either of you have a real grudge?"
POLE: "No, we have carport, and not need one."
LAWYER: "I mean, What are your relations like?"
POLE: "All my relations still in Poland."
LAWYER: "Is there any infidelity in your marriage?"
POLE: "Ja, we have hi-fidelity stereo set and good DVD player."
LAWYER: Does your wife beat you up?"
POLE: "No, I always up before her."
LAWYER: "Is your wife a nagger?"
POLE: "No, she white."
LAWYER: "WHY do you want this divorce?"
POLE: "She going to kill me."
LAWYER: "What makes you think that?"
POLE: "I got proof.
LAWYER: "What kind of proof?"
POLE: "She going to poison me.She buy a bottle at drugstore and put on shelf in bathroom. I can read, and it says 'Polish Remover'".



Friday, 28 April 2006

The Hangover That Lasted 24 Hours
The following events happened over the last weekend.

On Friday (21st April), Rudy celebrated his birthday at Dbl O. He had just wanted dinner, but no birthday celebration is complete without ending the night at a club! The night wasn't pretty.

On Saturday, (22nd April), Weihao celebrated his birthday at Dbl O. He had just wanted dinner, but no birthday celebration is complete without ending the night at a club! The night wasn't exactly pretty, either.

Btw Weihao called it a "Dinner and Dance". Now, all the companies out there had better rethink the annual event.

Two birthday parties in two days. Not pretty at all.



Friday, 28 April 2006
Assessment is Finally OOOOOOVER!
The long-awaited and long-dreaded assessment is F.I.N.A.L.L.Y over on 27th April 2006!

It wasn't the best presentation I've ever done but oh well, it's too late to cry over spilled milk now.

Now, all I need to do is to get all the garments sewn up and get over and done with the runway show and I’d officially graduate, much to the delight of my dad. But daddy, I still have another year for the degree course.. keke~
I slept from 9pm last night to 10.30am today. Can you imagine the shiokness?

I'll take a day or two to rest before starting on schoolwork again. I'm not going back to sch this Sat. It's surreal.

For now, I'm going to catch up on the lost hours of tv and games. And of course, updating my blog. keke~



Sunday, 16 April 2006
When Two Non-bladers Blade Together
Qiaojing and I roller bladed on Good Friday. Both of us consider ourselves non-bladers. The last time I bladed was erm... a million years ago? And I didn't even blade more than 5 metres.

The two of us decided nothing is too difficult for us. We strapped on our blades and off we go. In less than 10 minutes, I could stand up and move. I'm a natural at this, I tell you.

To this one person whom I know who says he's good at every sport (you know who you are), I am telling you this, "Me too. I should think I'm better though because I can bowl but you can't. I bet table tennis is not all that difficult. Give me a month to learn".

I did fell once though. Qiaojing and I came to the conclusion that if I should fall again, she is NOT to rush to my help. We agree that she'll only make things worse.

Another first in ages. It was a good friday.



Sunday, 16 April 2006

Something To Drown Your Sorrows




You would never in a million years be able to guess what this is.





You could try to make a smart guess now.






Now, you know.



Chewy's exams are in two week's time. As you can tell, she's depressed. You have heard of "Let's drink to drown our sorrows", no?

Chewy takes it to the next level. She baths in sake to drown in her sorrows. You beat that.



Thursday, 06 April 2006
A New Way To Get Rich
This girl, Jolene. Stay in THREE STOREY landed property. Counting tonnes of cash. Parked three cars at car porch. Hire gardener. Build attic.

You'd think she's very generous right? But NO! This girl. Owes me $312. Gave me a cheque. Amount on the cheque -- $310. $2 short. She says, "This is the way I get rich".

Now, we know.



Wednesday, 05 April 2006

Gyllean, I know You Are Reading This
Gyllean, I know you are reading this. You better go apply for the BA programme by tomorrow hor. If not, I'm not going to study anymore and everyone will blame you (everyone except my dad, actually).

If you don't take up the course, who is going to wake me up?
Who is going to give me a list of what to bring?
Who is going to give me a list of what to buy?
Who is going to write down stuff for me?
Who is going to give me new dresses to wear every Wed?
Who is going to give me pens and markers?
Who am I going to find when I wanna do my one-for-one exchange for my markers? ((To everyone else, ask me (when I see you) to tell you this one-for-one marker exchange programme where you cannot find elsewhere in the world.))

Actually, to save you and I the trouble, this exchange programme simply works like this. I take a marker from Gylleann's pencil case. When it runs out of ink, I just exchange the old marker for a new one. No questions asked.


Gylleann, I post nice pic of you for the world to see k. Nice cos my Dior bracelet is in it.
keke~
Okie okie, nice cos it's you k.

Now that I've said you're pretty, you must repay me by applying and MAKING SURE that you get into the BA course.

If not, I'll set Ah Boy after you. Surely, you don't want that...

Most importantly, who is going to buy me breakfast? Do you want me to starve to death? Ni ren xin ma?



Wednesday, 05 April 2006

Hello. This Is Not Wynnii.
I stayed in school till 8.30pm today. What is going on? How can this be happening? Wynnii doesn't do no such things as staying late in school. This is not Wynnii.

Help.



Sunday, 02 April 2006
Keke~
I heard Man-U won and Chelsea drew. Keke~ *smirk*

Bolton 1 - 2 Man Utd
26' K Davies 1 - 0
33' 1 - 1 L Saha
79' 1 - 2 R van Nistelrooy

Birmingham 0 - 0 Chelsea <-- keke~ Btw have I ever mentioned that I think Teddy Sherringham is cute cute cute?




Sunday, 02 April 2006

C'est Si Bon by Eartha Kitt

English Version

C’est si bon (C'est si bon!)
Lovers say that in France (C'est si bon!)
When they thrill to romance (C'est si bon!)
It means that it's oh, so good. (C'est si bon!)
C'est si bon (C'est si bon!)
So I say it to you (C'est si bon!)
Like the French people do (C'est si bon!)
Because it's oh, so good. (C'est si bon!)
Every word, every sigh,
Every kiss, dear,
Leads to only one thought
And it's this, dear!
It's so good (C'est si bon!)
Nothing else can replace (C'est si bon!)
Just your slyest embrace (C'est si bon!)
And if you only would.
Be my own for the rest my days
I will whisper this phrase
My darling,
C’est si bon!
(C'est si bon) How about me saying that honey
(Nothing else can replace) Sounds like Greek to me baby
(Just your slyest embrace) Romance now I got you honey
(And if you only would) And I'll
Be my own for the rest my days
I will whisper this phrase
My darling,
C’est si bon!
(C'est si bon!) Ah, look at here again baby
(C’est si bon!) I'm speaking like this
(C’est si bon!) Yeah, one more time
(C’est si bon!)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French Version

C'est si bon,
De partir n'importe où,
Bras dessus bras dessous,
En chantant des chansons,
C'est si bon,
De se dire des mots doux -
De petit rien du tout -
Mais qui en disent long.
En voyant notre mine ravie
Les passants dans la rue, nous envient
C'est si bon,
De guetter dans ses yeux
Un espoir merveilleux
Qui donne le frisson
C'est si bon
Ces petit's sensations
ça vaut mieux qu'un million.
C'est tell'ment, tell'ment bon
Voilà C'est bon
Les passants dans la rue
Bras dessus bras dessous
En chantant des chansons
Quel espoir merveilleux
Uummm - C'est bon.
Je cherche un millionnaire
Avec des grands "Cadillac car"
"Mink coats" - Des bijoux
Jusqu'au cou, tu sais?
C'est bon
Cette petit' sensation
Ou peut-être quelqu'un
avec un petit yacht, no?
Aahhh C'est bon
C'est bon, C'est bon
Vous savez bien que j'attendrai
quelqu'un qui pourrait m'apporter
beaucoup de "loot."
Ce soir?, Demain?, La semaine prochain ?
N'importe quand.
Uummm - C'est bon - si bon
Il sera très - crazy, no?
Voilà, c'est tell'ment bon !
English Translation:
It's so good,
Just wandering around,
Arm in arm, arm in arm,
And Singing songs.
It's so good,
To whisper sweet words - ,
Little nothings,
But little nothing that can be
said again and again.
Seeing our love-struck expression
The passers-by in the street envy us.
It's so good,
To see shining in her eyes
A marvelous promise
That sendsa shivers up and down my spine.
The're so good
These little thrills
That are worth more than a million
It's so very, very good.
It's Good - Yes, It's good
The passers-by in the street -
Arm in arm, arm in arm -
Singing songs -
What a marvelous promise
Uummm - It's good.
I'm looking for a millionaire
With big Cadillac cars
Mink coats - jewels
As big as your fist - you know?
It's good
This little feeling -
Perhaps someone with a little yacht, no?
Aahhh it's good -
it's good - so good-
You know I'm waiting for
someone who can give me
plenty of loot.
Tonight? - Tomorrow?- Next Week?
Dosen't matter when.
Uummm - It's so good - so good
It will be very crazy, no?
It's very good!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why are they so different?



Sunday, 02 April 2006

Nice. I Like.

Gaspard Yurkievich Bracelets


We're suckers for trompe l'oeil (loosely translated as "mislead the eye") in clothing—ties, belts, seams, pockets and collars that aren't really there. But we had never considered trompe l'oeil accessories until Gaspard Yurkievich introduced us to his plastic bracelets.

Leave it to a Frenchie to tweak a French tradition and come up with a non-fabric bow that doesn't tie anything together. The bracelet can even be paired with a matching hair band for double the illusory fun. (Both are made in France, bien sur, and can be seen in more detail at his site, as well as in the April issue of Paris Vogue.) The designer, a perennial Paris Fashion Week favorite who's never been afraid of over-the-top ornamentation, says he was inspired by Wonder Woman and her bullet-deflecting metal wristbands to create these "power bracelets," though they're glammier even than the superhero's slabs of magic steel.

We're told the affordable wrist sculpture, which comes in one size, are selling like hotcakes at the Gaspard Yurkievich boutique in Paris, as well as other outlets, but you can grab yours right here, right now.

Source: Hint Mag



Sunday, 02 April 2006

Blessing In Disguise
So it's a blessing in disguise Raymond is not doing my shoot. Raymond who? What shoot?

Don't fret, don't fret. Let me tell you more. It's a fashion photoshoot for my school magazine. It's for graduation. Yes, I'm graduating (finally, I hear many people mutter). No, I'm not getting out of school yet. I enjoy it too much to leave. I go to school on Saturdays even! Satur-freaking-days! So tell me, how can I bear to leave?

But, as usual, I disgress.

Back to the fashion photoshoot. There are four groups in my class and each group has to do a fashion shoot for their collection. Raymond was supposed to be our photographer and just last week, I was told, "Given his experience, Raymond doesn't think he can handle the shoot for four teams. Your team will have to look for another photographer".

I need the pictures on Friday (7th April) and I was informed of this just last week. We have met up twice before in the preceding two weeks and his experience didn't tell him no nothing then? Anyway, there was some big hoo-ha over this issue. Finally, I decided I'll settle my photoshoot with some other photographer instead.

All right, given my experience, things always turn out for the better. To cut the long story, I managed to get my lecturer, Vik, to help me with the photoshoot.

And the big day arrives today! The day of the shoot. First fashion shoot for me. Quite an eye-opener. The photographer is called Lance. I made a lame joke before I saw him. "Don't tell me he's Alex To?" I told Gylleann. If you don't understand, don't bother to ask.

I loved love loved loved loved loved loved the models Vik chose! Anna and Anastacia. Real gorgeous. I love Anna! Real photogenic. She has this blank stare in person but she looks too damn good to be true in the pictures. Too damn good! "She's your type of model", Gylleann and Jolene say. High check bones, sharp jawline, blue eyes, deep thoughtful look. I like.








The pictures really turned out pretty nice. On the computer screen, at least. I'm so happy the photoshoot is over and done with. Vik has the final say on whether everyone's photos are acceptable for the magazine. Turns out he reject one group's already. If he is the stylist for my shoot, he can't possible reject the photos right.

My experience tells me this is truly a blessing in disguise.

No comments: