Sunday, 29 January 2006

The Party So Far (The Sequel)

25th Jan 2006
It’s supposed to be Mambo night with my classmates but they pulled out of Mambo plans. Reason? Homework. What a lousy excuse! I have homework too, no?

I think it’s really stupid Junyao’s curse. He said that if I were to party so much before the actual day, no one will celebrate with me on BIG day. Aargh! So he agreed to go mambo-ing with me instead.

Who knows! At the eleventh hour, he told me he had to play soccer at 10pm and cant make it to Mambo anymore. Who the hell plays soccer at 10pm! What a lousy excuse too! I have soccer too, no? Okie, this no.

In the end, I made up my mind to go home and sulk. But I know no partying’s not to be. I got a phone call at the eleventh hour (now, literally) and Mambo is ON again!

Jonathan fetched me and off we go mambo-ing.

MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO! MAMBO!

Mambo is good. It may not be great anymore, but it’s still good.

27th Jan 2006
It’s the eve of eve of Chinese New Year, which means it’s the eve of my birthday! Dinner at Crystal Jade La Mien, Takashimaya with Karen, Weihao and Jaslin. They are going clubbing with me tonight!

Our dear Jaslin passed me my Christmas present on the eve of my birthday. Ha~ I’ll bet she will pass me my birthday present on 25th December then. She gave me a pair of penguins soft toys. CUTE and cuddly penguins.

I hereby declare penguins as the cutest animals on Earth!

Penguins ARE the cutest! The way they walk, the way the slide across the ice with their bellies, the way they take care of their babies, the way…. But I digress.

After dinner, we decided we are going to get pissed drunk at Double O. When we reached at 11pm, I had exactly one hour to find myself a boyfriend (which is my birthday present for myself. Ha!).

When the clock struck twelve, I failed. Hmff! I want a freaking Cinderella story. What the hell. Did I just say (read: type) that?

Our dear Karen had a Bacardi Breezer. One hour later, she puked it all out. This is a freaking peach fruit punch we’re talking about here. This girl is weak. Karen, you should sign up for my drinking boot camp.
Jessica joined us at 1am and the party begins! This party ended at 3am.

3am is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for the birthday girl (and of course, Jessica too). Jessica and I decided to head over to Devil’s Bar to join Jerry (my cousin who keeps insisting he’s my older cousin when his birthday’s later than mine).

The next round of partying begins at Devil’s Bar!

Interestingly, Von called me at 3.50am to wish me happy birthday and he’s the first to call on the ACTUAL day.

Jessica and I boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie and rest and boogie the night away.

We finally called it a day at 6am. Gosh, this has to be a record! Jessica and I are good together. Powerhouse, I’ll tell you. Someone said we can endorse RedBull already. I can’t agree more.

Like I said, life’s a party, no?

28th Jan 2006
The air is especially sweet smelling today when I woke up. I love my birthdays~!

The only awful part is that I’m having a sore throat. Again.

Now, you would have thought a girl would hate celebrating birthday, for it’ll remind her that she has aged a year. Well, you thought wrong.

By today, the people living on about 30% of Earth’s surface should be informed that it’s my birthday. This simply translates to, let’s see, the whole world?

Anyway, I’m Queen for the day. It’s my day to sit back, relax and do nothing. Hmm.. wait a minute. That’s exactly what I do every day. Keke~

Still, this Queen had to change her own bed sheets. I finally can put the silk quilt (from China) to the test already! I expect my health to improve and I’ll get sore throats no more.

Something I have to mention. I wanted to go get some medicine from the doctor today and so, I went to marketplace. But this is not important. My mum asked me to help her buy some Tau Kwa (which is some sort of bean curd). I have no idea how they look like, so I asked the auntie at Shop N Save where the Tau Kwa are. She said, “There’re over there. This is the first time you do marketing eh.”

The auntie mocked me! Hmff! That’s it! I’m resolved. I really am resolved. I’ll never ever do marketing ever again. So you guys out there, listen up. DO NOT expect me to be able to know what’s the difference between a tau kaw, tau pok, tau foo, tau whatever.


Another thing I have to mention. I received a bouquet of lovely roses today. A very pleasant surprise. Certainly out of expectations for I was expecting a cute and cuddly baby penguin at my doorstep, but the roses do just fine. Thank you, Junyao.
That’s really sweet of you.
So, after a day of relaxing, the gang (read: Kevin Low, Jolene Lee, Wong Jinqi, Chung Dingyue, Charmaine Wong, Richard Ong and, last but not least, Jessica Fung) arrived at 9.30pm at my house for birthday mini party.

My best bet is that my classmates have no televisions at home. They come to my place and they’re all clamouring to watch SCV programmes. Cannot believe it. Jolene, your three-storey house is for storing gold and rabbits eh.

Anyway, the mini party was a blast. Mummy and Chewy prepared the steamboat. Thank you, mummy and Chewy! Love you! *muacks muacks *

We ate, we laughed.
We ate somemore, we laughed somemore.

I had two birthday cakes! Chewy bought one and my classmates bought one too! That means I get two birthday wishes, no?

UNO has never been this fun. It’s officially card game of the year. How many fives can a pack of UNO have? Gosh, we can really bluff eh. Our dear Kevin exposed his last two cards to everyone and still dared bluff. Not so smart move, darling.

Guys, I really appreciate you people coming over. The mini party’s a blast! You guys are the best!

The month long celebration is the best birthday celebration yet. YEAH~

Now, let the post birthday celebration begin! *applause*

No comments: